FFIEC Authentication Guidance: Essential Questions You Need to Ask Your VendorsBanking regulators make no bones about it: Your third-party service providers aren't responsible for ensuring that you attain conformance with the FFIEC Authentication Guidance. You are. How do you ensure their ability to aid your efforts towards compliance? Learn the secrets of a vendor management expert, who will share with you the probing questions to ask your vendors, including:
- When and how does your vendor perform external audits checking the security of its products?
- Which authentication controls are built into your vendor's current online banking products - do they conform to the FFIEC Authentication Guidance 2011 update?
- What is your vendor's tactical plan for the remainder of 2011 to ensure its products and services conform to the new guidance in time for 2012?
The entire FFIEC Guidance series:
- FDIC on Understanding and Complying with the 2011 Update
- FFIEC Authentication Guidance: How to Prepare for Your Next Exam
- FFIEC Authentication Guidance: Essential Questions You Need to Ask Your Vendors
- FFIEC Authentication Guidance: What Your Vendors Won't Tell You (Unless You Ask)
- Customer Education: Developing a Program That's Effective and Meets Regulators' Expectations
- FFIEC Authentication Guidance: How to Create a Layered Security Strategy
- Vendors' Guide to the FFIEC Authentication Guidance