Mobile banking is growing out of its infancy and experts predict it will soon be the dominant banking and payments channel. With the vast array of endpoints being utilized, how are the threats of rogue mobile apps, mobile malware and SMiShing evolving? What are the risks inherent in mobile payments? This session reviews these emerging mobile malware threats, their impact on banking institutions and the latest technology solutions to help mitigate the risks.
Mobile has become the new security battlefield in which hackers and businesses are waging the internet-old battle of breach vs. protection. From infiltrating jailbroken devices to decompiling and recompiling apps to tainting source code, hackers are continually finding new ways to prove the mobile app infrastructure vulnerable. This session reviews these emerging mobile malware threats, their impact on banking institutions and the latest technology solutions to help mitigate the risks.
Richard Rushing, CISO at Motorola Mobility will kick-off the presentation with a discussion on the types of mobile fraud impacting organizations today, including:
- Toll fraud/SMS fraud
- Ad fraud/Click fraud
- Rouge mobile banking applications
- Mobile malware
Tom Karren, CEO and Co-Founder of Moki will round out the session by offering insight and advice on how to secure your mobile applications.
This session was recorded during the 2014 Fraud Summit Toronto. Additional recordings include:
- 2014 Faces of Fraud Survey Presentation - Special Canadian Edition
- Call Center Fraud: The Latest Scams and Strategies - Voice Biometrics and Caller Validation
- Understanding the Identity Risks You Experience, Not the Risks You Perceive - Identity Theft and Synthetic Identity
- The Fraud Ecosystem, the Deep Web & Creating Actionable Intelligence
- Mobile Fraud
- Insider Fraud Detection - The Appliance of Science
- Real World Applications of Big Data Analytics - Social Network Analysis and Post Breach Fraud Detection
- Fraud Management - Real Time Fraud Analytics to reduce friction and improve the Customer Experience
- Fraud Investigations: How to Work Effectively with Law Enforcement and Government